Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Hello Out There...We're On The Air...It's Hockey Night Tonight

I'm semi-drunk right now, so if this seems statelogical, that's because it is.

There really hasn't been anything new to report in about a month, but tonight was just excessively weird.

I was invited by friend to this 10th anniversary party that took place at New Karaoke Place (that replaces Karaoke Pool Hall Fun Center from two years ago) and first of all, the theme was goth party, which means everyone dresses in black. The friend of mine that I brought along with me decided she'd go all Betty Page, although fell several feet short of the mark, but I wasn't going to tell her that. As it was I took her home early and then went back since she had about 3 papers to finish this weekend to get ready to graduate w/a Bachelor's next week. But I knew this already, since it's all she's been talking about, and also she practically begged me to drive her to Wal-Mart on Wednesday in order to buy a TV/VCR so she could finish her film class term paper. My place wasn't really suitable and besides, I've kinda been stiff-arming her a little bit since a) she has a boyfriend and b) I'm kinda looking a few hours south right now but I really don't want to say any more at the moment.

So she stays about an hour and a half and I have to come back saying things like "she had a paper" and "she wasn't really a date that just ditched me". So about an hour and a half later...

[PRELUDE: About 20 months ago I had this conversation with this couple outside a club in Tally, exchanged numbers, I called a few days later, they never called back and never gave it another thought]

"Do you remember me?"

And she's a nice girl and all that, but she's one of those people that they're the center of their own universe and expects the world to follow them around. So I talked to them for a while, exchanged numbers yet again as I wait to be actually put into the posse. Which isn't always a good fit for me, since I was always a better indipendant contracter than a gang member. But whatever. And plus...I don't know, does someone's aura change to girls when a) they see you with someone else and b) your eye is firmly cast elsewhere? Because I kept getting hit on by people who have shown no prior history of hitting on me. And of course, they're never there at the right time, either. Could it be that the beard is gone? It prolly is. But then again The Beard (aka Crazy Amish Beard) was kinda becoming my whole existance.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?